The Community Emergency Assistance Coalition (CEAC) is a collaborative multi-agency effort aimed at providing homeless prevention and community stability through one-time emergency assistance to individuals and families in La Plata/San Juan Counties who are facing near term financial crisis.
Appointments are required. Please call 970-259-1086 x 0 to set up your appointment. We are conducting most appointments by phone at this time, if you need a different arrangement please let us know so we can accommodate. If you leave a message will respond to set up an appointment ASAP. We have also expanded our appointments, but note that the schedule fills up quickly. Please bring a completed application with you. Download application:
- La Plata County Department of Human Services, Funding Agency
- Housing Solutions for the Southwest, Program Administration & Counseling
- La Plata Electric Association –Roundup Foundation, Funding Agency
- Salvation Army La Plata County Service Extension Unit, Funding Agency
- United Way of Southwest Colorado, Funding Agency, Fiscal Agent
- Volunteers of America, Client Advocacy
- Other Community Partners: Durango Area Association of Realtors, LPEA, The Community Foundation Serving Southwest Colorado, Methodist Thrift Store, St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, St. Columba, Christ the King Lutheran Church, Durango Friends, numerous individual and business donors.
(make sure you designate to CEAC)
Round Up your La Plata Electric Payments to Support CEAC!
La Plata Electric Association’s Round Up Foundation is a partner in this important collaborative program, and any LPEA customer can help support this work by rounding up monthly electric bills. Visit ROUND UP or call 970-247-5786 for more information.