The Community Emergency Assistance Coalition (CEAC) is a collaborative multi-agency effort aimed at providing homeless prevention and community stability through one-time emergency assistance to individuals and families in La Plata/San Juan Counties who are facing near term financial crisis.
Appointments are required. Please call 970-259-1086 M-Thurs between 8:30 am and 4:00pm to set up an appointment. We are open and able to accomodate in person appointments and by-phone appointments are available. If you leave a message will respond to set up an appointment ASAP. Please bring a completed application and all required documents with you. Download application:
- La Plata County Department of Human Services, Funding Agency
- Housing Solutions for the Southwest, Program Administration & Counseling
- La Plata Electric Association –Roundup Foundation, Funding Agency
- Salvation Army La Plata County Service Extension Unit, Funding Agency
- United Way of Southwest Colorado, Funding Agency, Fiscal Agent
- Volunteers of America, Client Advocacy
- Rocky Mountain Health Foundation, Funding Agency
- Other Community Partners: Durango Area Association of Realtors, LPEA, The Community Foundation Serving Southwest Colorado, St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, St. Columba, Christ the King Lutheran Church, Durango Friends, Southwest Bar Association and numerous individual, faith-based and business donors.
United Way is the Fiscal Agent for CEAC!
(make sure you designate to CEAC)
Round Up your La Plata Electric Payments to Support CEAC!
La Plata Electric Association’s Round Up Foundation is a partner in this important collaborative program, and any LPEA customer can help support this work by rounding up monthly electric bills. Visit ROUND UP or call 970-247-5786 for more information.