Fair Housing Resources
Colorado & Federal Fair Housing Information
Federal Fair Housing Law
“Housing discrimination is illegal in nearly all housing, including private housing, public housing, and housing that receives federal funding.”-HUD
It is illegal to discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Familial Status, Disability
- The Fair Housing Act applies to all types of housing and not always well understood by landlords and tenants. The links on this site are educational resources that help consumers to know their rights.
- Fair Housing Opens the Door – a HUD published video highlighting Fair Housing
- The Basics of Fair Housing- a HUD informational video
- Tenant Rights Education
- HUD Fair Housing Library
Colorado Fair Housing Law
- Fair Housing PSA– Colorado- a video explaining Colorado Laws
- Colorado Housing Law Website– including a link to file a complaint
National Resources- COVID
- National Fair Housing Alliance
- CDC Eviction Moratorium Information– what renters and landlords must know
- Eviction Protection Declaration – you must meet the criteria on page 1, print this document, sign it and give it to your landlord
Looking for a way to contribute to your community and help combat homelessness?
We need the help!